NAHFO is open to all those working within NHS or private healthcare organisations, including residential care, who have a responsibility towards fire safety. Those eligible for membership will predominantly deliver fire or be responsible for fire safety as their primary duty. Those who wish to be considered for membership would preferably have a background in fire safety, but all membership applications are considered based on the individual circumstances of that application. Benefits of membership include:
- Being allocated a regional branch to attend meetings with other fire safety officers from the same area,
- Branch meetings generally comprise of a fire safety related presentation and then a Branch Meeting,
- Ability to gain CPD,
- Reduce fees on both NAHFO courses and some courses run by other fire safety organisations where NAHFO have negotiated discounts,
- The ability to network, by being given details of fire safety professionals within your area and nationally,
- Access to the members area of the web site,
- You will receive a newsletter and regular email up dates informing you of pertinent changes and matters associated to fire safety.